Instructor: Cecilia Fowler
Community: Grades 6-8, Classroom Setting, 45 minutes
Plan Creation Date: November 22, 2012
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Stillness
Props/Music/Resources Required: Drum, Hoberman Sphere
- Belly Breathing – with Hoberman Sphere – Your body still and settled into the seat. Moving your hands along with the sphere, in and out. Even as you move your breath and your hands, there’s stillness in the rest of your body.
- Forward Fold/Child’s Pose – on desk with one minute exploration of a river
- Shoulder Rolls – with breath
- Chair 15 – With a focus on finding moments of being still and settled; visualization of river moving smoothly through transitions.
- Calm Voice Activity – Have students share with partner or small groups and practice role playing their calm voice.
- Progressive Muscle Relaxation – Squeeze feet, let it go, squeeze legs, let it go, squeeze hands let it go, squeeze hands, let it go, squeeze face let it go. As you sit quietly, feeling just your breath moving in and out, still and strong.
- Relaxation Story