Instructor: Jaclyn Boyd
Community: Grades 6-8 Choir Group, School Setting, 30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: March 21, 2016
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Stillness
- Belly Breathing – Find stillness at the top and bottom of each breath. Focus on the stillness of the space around you.
- Changing Channels – Use channels that students previously requested of their favorite places. Have students share times in real life when changing channels can be useful.
- Volcano Breath – Exhale with a big eruption on “Shhhhh”
- Mountain – Feel peace and stillness in your body. Imagine you are a tall majestic mountain that remains still and strong while the world around it moves.
- Crescent Moon – Keep your lower body strong and still as your upper body creates a stretch. You are calm, like a crescent moon in the night sky.
- Eagle – Before each new step we add, find strength and stillness. Always come back to a place where you find stillness in your body.
- Twist – Give your muscles time to stretch before coming back to center to find stillness.
- Progressive Relaxation – Use the “body scan” from Yoga Calm for Children chapter 7.