Instructor: Jaclyn Boyd
Community: Grades 6-8 Choir Group, School Setting, 30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: March 21, 2016
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Listening
- Chime – Close your eyes and focus in on the chime. When the sound stops, slowly bring your attention to the front of the room.
- Belly Breathing – w/ Hoberman Sphere – student leader and counter – Following student leader keep your hands on your belly and feel the expanse as you inhale and fall as you exhale. Listen for your breathing to line up with the others around you.
- Mindful Moment Card – “Take a moment to listen to your body. What is it feeling right now? Is it trying to tell you something? Is it peaceful and content?”
- Mountain – Practice how you can be in Mountain while also activating your muscles.
- Forward Bend – Relax your muscles and fold over. Feel how your muscles can be released.
- Activate/Relax Walk – Listen carefully for directions to activate and relax. When we activate, choose a pose where you can activate your muscles and hold still; when we relax, release those muscles and walk carefully and relaxed around the room.
- Warrior I – As we hold this strong pose, listen to your breath and feel how you can keep it steady and strong.
- Warrior II – Listen to your breath and notice you may be able to also tune in to the breath of others around you as well. Listen to what your body is telling you.
- Guided Relaxation – The Boat Ride from Yoga Calm for Children.