Instructor: Marnie Marmet
Community: Grades 5 – 9, 45 minutes
Plan Creation Date: November 1, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Listening
- Name Toss – Have children play the name toss with one ball, then with two. Point out how they are using their listening skills to remember names.
- Hoberman Sphere and Pulse Count – Belly breathing with the Hoberman Sphere. Pulse count, 1 minute. Have a leader come up to use the sphere and count the breaths. (5-7 min)
- Yoga Calm Chair 15 – Have them stop in several poses to listen.
- Conflicting Feelings – Have a volunteer come up to help with the scenario. Once all feelings are played out, help students come up with solutions that honor all the feelings. Explain that none of the feelings are bad. (30 min)
- Compliment Circle – Each student receives one compliment from each person. Can relate to the conflicting feelings game if they want.
- Listen to the chime – Ring the chime and have students focus on the sound from beginning to end.