Instructor: Sarah Dutton
Community: Grades 5 – 12, School Setting, 30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: July 5, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Grounding
- Belly Breathing – Support your breath with your hands on your belly.
- Pulse Count – Notice your pulse and any changes like quickening or slowing down, strengthening or getting weaker.
- Arm Swings – Focus on your deep cleansing breaths as your arms gently move.
- Table – Feel your hands and legs supporting your body.
- Alternate Arm/Leg Kicks – Focus on reaching and expanding the arms and legs while staying firmly grounded.
- Downward Dog – Remember the square on the hand and use all four corners of the hand to support the body. Equally disperse weight between feet and hands.
- Dolphin – Use your arms and feet to support your body and feel the weight of the earth below your body.
- Bridge – Create a bridge that feels strong and stable.
- Boat – Lift your chest and support the pose with your core strength.
- Block Creek – Have your friends help you across the creek. Remain confident.
- Child’s Pose with a Guided Relaxation – Read from a Mindful Moment card. I let one student come up and choose which card we will read. After the card is read students are encouraged to share their thoughts and experiences from the meditation.