Instructor: Melanie Harper
Community: Grade 4-5, School or Yoga Studio Setting, 60 minutes
Plan Creation Date: March 15, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Stillness
- Belly Breathing – with Breathing Ball
- Candles – down and up game
- Yoga Flow – Roots, arm swings, mountain, forward fold, star, chair, warrior 1, warrior 2, mountain, forward fold
- Block Creek
- Yoga Flow – Downward dog, cobra, downward dog, dolphin, bow, child’s pose, boat, leg extensions foot circles, rock and roll, boat, bridge, rock and roll, table.
- Sharing – Have students share how do they achieve stillness? Listening to music, doing yoga, taking a warm bath?
- Guided Relaxation – Lay down and just relax your body, relax your head, relax your arms, your back, and stomach, let your legs feel heavy and just close your eyes. Take a deep breath in and out. I want you to imagine you are outside on a sunny day sitting by a very still lake. Feel the warmth of the sun on your skin. As your sitting there quietly, pretend that you see a momma deer and her baby slowly come toward the lake. They approach timidly at first. You sit very still so you don’t scare the deer away. The deer walk closer to the lake until they drink water from the lake then you watch as they walk towards a grassy area nearby and begin prancing through the meadow. Take another deep breath in and out. Now I want you to wiggle your toes, wiggle your fingertips move your head from side to side. When your ready, sit up slowly and open your eyes.
- Volcano Breath