Instructor: Aria Fiat
Community: Grades 4-5, After School Program, 60 minutes
Plan Creation Date: February 23, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Grounding
- Belly Breathing & Pulse Count – “focus on what’s happening inside your body as you breathe; notice your heart beating in time with your pulse”.
- Volcano Breath – “what does it feel like to go of all the tension from your body?”
- Roots – “imagine you have roots like a tree that are connecting you to the earth”.
- Up. Mountain –“feel power flowing from the bottom of your feet through your fingertips”.
- Star – “ground your feet & use the energy from the earth to charge up your entire body”.
- Triangle – “every time you breathe in, feel your body expanding even more like a sponge”.
- Chair 15 – (x4) – “notice what these poses feel like in your body today”.
- Tree & Tree Circle – “press into your neighbors hands and use them for support”.
- Twist –“breathe deeply and feel the tension in your muscles release as you twist”.
- Breathing Ball & Compliments Game
- Pulse Count – “has your pulse changed since we began? How does your body feel diff?”
- Relaxation – Treehouse themed guided relaxation