Instructor: Brad Hayes
Community: Grades 3-5 Special-Ed Students, School Setting, 30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: April 1, 2016
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Stillness
Props: Music, Hoberman Sphere, Chime
- Ring Chime
- Student led Belly Breathing – with Hoberman Sphere 10 Breaths
- Close your eyes and listen to the stillness – (3 minute guided relaxation from “Ready Set R.E.L.A.X”)
- Pulse Count – Practice Pulse count for 1 minute.
- Rock and Roll to Boat – Be a very still boat on a lake waiting for the fish. Don’t move a muscle.
- Roll up – to standing.
- Mountain – Can you be a strong mountain? Close your eyes and imagine that it is snowing on you. Remember how peaceful it is when it is snowing.
- Crescent Moon – Be the shinning still crescent moon that quietly looks over us at night.
- Tree Pose – Let the wind gently blow through your branches, then return to your stillness. Feel the difference between windy and still.
- Changing Tree Pose – four counts of windy and four counts of stillness on each leg.
- Belly Breathing – 5 Breaths.
- Ring Chime – Be still until you cannot hear the chime.