Instructor: Brad Hayes
Community: Grades 3-5 Special-Ed Students, School Setting, 30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: April 1, 2016
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Community
Props: Music, Hoberman Sphere
- Belly Breathing – with one student leading with Hoberman sphere and another counting off a selected number of breaths. Ask for 2-3 compliments for the leader. Have the leader compliment the counter.
- Read Mindful Moment Card – “Take a moment to remember the names of all the people in your family. Think of aunts, uncles, grandmas and grandpas, brothers and sisters. Image them making a circle around you to help you when you are in need.”
- Roots – With body activated, and eyes closed, circle your feet right and left. Notice how your feet help you to balance. Remember who was circling you earlier. Who is their for you when you are in need.
- Tree – Now imagine one of your family members or friends holding your right foot steadily to the ground. See if you can slowly lift your other foot off the floor (switch sides).
- Tree Circle – Notice how your friends help to support you.
- Tree – Now feel that support as you come into tree pose by yourself.
- Sharing – Individual sharing and group discussion of who are your supporters in your life
- Seated Twist
- Belly Breathing – 5 breaths.