Instructor: Diane Ames
Community: Grades 3-5, School Setting, 30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: November 17, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Strength
Atmosphere: quiet background music playing
- Belly Breathing – Hoberman sphere breaths.
- Standing Volcano Breaths
- Activate/Relax Walk – (walk relaxed, freeze-firm-focus, see if kids can stop & balance in a certain pose). Share compliments for each other and what worked to help you stop & relax.
- Yoga Flow – Upward mtn (laserbeams), dancer, star (talk about activate/expand & go back & forth between the 2 poses…gravitational pull vs. nuc explosion), side angle (spine aligned), into triangle then straighten leg (use blocks)…reach to sky. Step back into center mtn, forward bend, bent knee lunge R, down dog, knee lunge L, fwd bend & roll up…start over.
- Rock & Roll to Boat – Come down to rock/roll, hold in boat (a couple times).
- Twist – Hug knees to chest – push back into floor, knees over hips & arms extended OTS, exhale & let legs lower to one side TWIST
- Progressive Relaxation (p133)
**Options: pick leaders to lead movements while I give verbal directions