Instructor: Diane Ames
Community: Grades 3-5, School Setting, 30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: October 20, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Listening
Atmosphere: quiet background music playing
- Belly Breathing – Hoberman sphere breathing, 5 breaths with an audible counter
in/out through nose, become aware of own breathing.
- Discussion Questions – What does it mean to focus on something? When could this skill be important? How do you focus? Is there a trick you use?
- Pulse Count – 30 second pulse count, slide down from corner of mouth, raise hand when you found it. Quick share: Who was able to focus & not lose count? How did you do it? Were there any distractions you had to overcome?
- Yoga Flow – Upward mountain, crescent, chair, fwd bend, plank, bow, alt arm/leg ext, cat/cow, round up to stand. Use quiet/soft drum beat, then try it with varying strength beats (volunteers).
- Leg Stretches – Single leg ext/ankle circle.
- Belly Breathing – Take a couple belly breaths, hands on stomach.
- Relaxation – Longer progressive relaxation or The Boat Ride p136.