Instructor: Diane Ames
Community: Grades 3-5, School Setting, 30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: November 24, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Community
Atmosphere: quiet background music playing
- Belly Breathing – Hoberman Sphere 5-7 breaths with drum beats (volunteers).
- Trust Walk – then add sensory adventure around gym (let students get a partner based on colors, odds/evens, etc.). Quick about what they were feeling. Was it easy to trust your leader…why or why not?
- Yoga Flow – Drum Beat Sequence (move 4/hold 4)…Up Mtn, fwd bend, lunge bk R & arms up, step bk dwn dog, lower dwn & press into cobra (repeat dog), lunge bk L & arms up, step bk dog/cobra, fwd bend, chair, arms dwn (inhale/exhale & repeat combo). Can also have cards ready to pick to change order (3 categories: low/med/high level poses).
- Back Drawing -in circles (boys/girls) (follow examples in book or ask for suggestions).
- Relaxation – 1 minute exploration (think of a time when someone did something nice and/or unexpected for you…how did it make you feel?…think of what you can do for someone else).
**Some classes didn’t get to Back Drawing
**Other classes I had them walk to their line to the drum beat, sit down in their number order without talking, then draw on person in front of them
**Added an “add-on” circle to give each child a pose to demonstrate. We went around the circle and performed each pose in order.