Instructor: Karin Calde
Community: Grades 3-5, private yoga studio, home, or Girl Scouts
Plan Creation Date: April 1, 2014
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Strength
- Belly Breathing – with Hoberman sphere – Ask for a student to volunteer and pick the number of breaths the group will do; student will pick another student to be the “counter.” Encourage compliments.
- Mat 15 Flow – Mountain to Mountain
- Warrior – While in Warrior: Notice how strong you can feel in this pose. Is there someone in your life who helps you to feel strong? Think of that person while you’re in this pose.
- Rolling – like a ball
- Boat – w/ball – Notice how strong you can be while you hold this pose and catch the ball
- Harassment Prevention Training & Strong Voice Worksheet – Chasing example, Other double message examples, Steps for prevention, Have students demonstrate
- Woodchopper – (again – now that you’ve thought about your strong voice, notice if you feel even stronger while doing this activity)
- Upward Mountain and Crescent Moon – P. 96
- Dancer – while holding pose, have students repeat: I am strong, I am in control, I can be responsible, I can do it.
- Strong Voice Relaxation – Read the “Strong Voice” worksheet. Have them imagine standing up to someone, real or imaginary. Finish with them sending a heart thought out to someone who may need some strength.