Instructor: Karin Calde
Community: Grades 3-5, private yoga studio, home, or Girl Scouts
Plan Creation Date: April 1, 2014
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Stillness
- Belly Breathing – with Hoberman sphere – Ask for a student to volunteer and pick the number of breaths the group will do; student will pick another student to be the “counter.” Encourage compliments.
- Mat 15 Flow – Mountain to Mountain – Think of Mount Hood when you’re in this pose. Have you ever been there, or to another mountain? Think about standing on a mountain, surrounded by trees, and notice how still things were. Even when a breeze blows through the trees, the mountain stands still and strong.
- Child’s Pose – Explain the concept of child’s pose and how it can be used when our bodies and minds need stillness.
- Modified Dancer
- Archetype Game – Trickster – In between achetypes…how still can you be? Can you be as still as a statue?
- Relaxation – Think of safe place where you can be still; you have no worries in this safe place; call on the five senses to help the students create their safe place.