Instructor: Bonnie Cannon
Community: Grades 3-5
Plan Creation Date: January 23, 2009
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Grounding
- Introduce concept of grounding using electricity analogy. Share times when you need to be grounded.
- Belly Breathing on back, feel your body melt into your mat as you exhale.
- Do a body scan. Notice the places where your body is connected to your mat, to the ground. Check in with your body – are there places that are hurting or tight? Breathe into those places.
- Leg Extensions/Foot Circles spelling “I can do it” with each foot.
- Rock and Roll up into boat three times, slowly trying to touch each vertebrae to the mat as you roll.
- Volcano Breath sharing about those in our lives who help to calm us when we’re scared or angry.
- Sun Salutation three times (middle of Mat 20), focusing on feeling our connection to the mat through the four points in our hands lind feet. Press down with your feet and hands trying to make indentations in the mat. Hold positions for four beats, hugging our muscles into our bones.
- Activate/Relax walk, practicing stopping and getting grounded before moving again.
- Read Winning Attitude Script from Ready…Set…R.E. L.A.X. book.