Instructor: Tabita Green
Community: Grades 3-5, After School Group, Parks & Rec Setting, 45 minutes
Plan Creation Date: April 19, 2016
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Strength
- Name Game – (I’m Tabita, I’m here. I see you.)
- Belly Breathing – with Hoberman Sphere– student leader w/ compliments.
- Strong Voice – Students reflect on questions, then fill out worksheet and share their
- Mountain – ask student to demonstrate, reminder of spread toes, strong legs, contrast between strong, tall mountain and head and shoulders slumped.
- Woodchopper – ”be strong as you chop that wood”
- Star – have students think of something they would like to share with the world and
shine it out like the sun.
- Triangle – ”feel your strength as you hold this pose” (transition via Star to Mountain)
- Downward Dog – incorporate leg lifts, “press out strongly through the four corners of
the raised foot”
- Child’s Pose – let your body rest from that hard work.
- Downward Dog & Plank – move between the two poses, don’t forget to breathe!
- Child’s Pose – let your body rest again.
- Superman – ”feel the strength in your arms and legs”
- Cobra – ”imagine that you’re a strong cobra”
- Eagle – ”imagine that you’re one of the Decorah Eagles!” (bring picture of the Decorah Eagles)
- Volcano Breath – “send heart thoughts to someone you want to be strong for”
- One-Minute Exploration – ”Imagine completing a goal. Think of something you really
want to do.”