Instructor: Tabita Green
Community: Grades 3-5, After School Group, Parks & Rec Setting, 45 minutes
Plan Creation Date: April 12, 2016
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Grounding
- Name Game – (I’m Tabita, I’m here. I see you.)
- Belly Breathing – with Hoberman Sphere– seated, encourage students to feel the
connection to the ground with each outbreath. Student leader w/ compliments.
- Happiness Recipe – Students fill out worksheet and share what they have written.
- Mountain – ask student to demonstrate, reminder of spread toes, press feet into the
- Roots –> Mountain – plant feet firmly and imagine roots growing from the bottom of
your feet into the ground. “Feel the connection between your feet and the ground.”
- Upward Mountain -> Crescent Moon – ”As you reach up to the sky, imaging sending
energy from the center of the earth to the sun.”
- Forward Bend – keep feet connected to the ground, lengthen legs, relax your neck, and the skin on your face, and your throat, etc.
- Chair – move from forward bend to chair and hold, press down the four corners of
each foot, finish in Mountain pose.
- Star – press feet firmly into the ground, activate!
- Triangle – keep feet connected to ground while holding the pose.
- Child’s Pose – let your head be heavy on the earth.
- Rock and Roll – ”push your back into the ground”.
- Boat – feel the energy!
- Floor Twist – hold pose and lie still and feel your body connect to the ground.
- Progressive Relaxation (p. 133)