Instructor: Tabita Green
Community: Grades 3-5, After School Group, Parks & Rec Setting, 45 minutes
Plan Creation Date: April 26, 2016
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Community
Note: Arrange mats in a circle for this lesson.
- Name Game – (I’m Tabita, I’m here. I see you.)
- Belly Breathing – with Hoberman Sphere– student leader w/ compliments.
- Back Drawing – use script on p. 62
- Tree – ask student to demonstrate, challenge students to hold pose for count of 10.
- Tree Circle – discover how much easier the pose is when we support each other.
- Partner Pull – feel that stretch, and don’t forget to breathe!
- Volcano Breath – ”send heart thoughts to somebody in your community”
- Exploring Feelings – emphasize how different feelings can look the same.
- Mindful Snack – discuss the importance of food in a community, eat a raisin mindfully.
- One-Minute Exploration – ”Plan a party for yourself and your friends. What would you do? Where would you go?