Instructor: Pamela Storry
Community: Grades 3-4, Special Ed, School Setting, 30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: March 3, 2016
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Grounding
- I CAN feel strong and grounded when I have control of angry feelings.
- Student leader is identified, takes attendance, shares spray of lavender, Hoberman sphere and rings bell to start our session.
- Volcano Breath – standing position (“Stand tall, inhale”), student leader provides visual assistance with sphere for 3 breaths.
- Roots – “Ground us with a strong foundation”.
- Tree Challenge – “You can get support from others to gain strength, better balance keeps you grounded”.
- Warrior I
- Relaxation – Read short book “When Sophie Gets Angry, Really, Really Angry” by Molly Bang (Great pictures of trees, ocean and a volcano).
- Child’s Pose – with Head on Hands (Reflection, where do you like to go to calm yourself down?).