Instructor: Kate Somerville
Community: Grades 2-6, School Setting, 30-35 minutes
Plan Creation Date: February 14, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Strength
- Hoberman Sphere Belly Breathing – Student leads Hoberman sphere demonstration inhaling and exhaling slowly.
- Pinwheel Breath – Practice pursed lip breathing.
- Changing Channels – Continue pinwheel breath asking students to think of different things while they are breathing and to notice the effect on their breathing.
- Chair Flow – Mountain, Upward Mountain, Forward Bend, Right Leg Back Lunge, Upper Lunge, Chair Dog, Right Leg Forward Lunge, Upward Lunge, Forward Bend, Chair, Upward Mountain, Mountain.
- Chair Twist
- Chair One Minute Exploration – Think of three compliments you can give your class.