Instructor: Emily Manson
Community: Grades 2-6, Classroom Setting, 40 minutes
Plan Creation Date: February 15, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Stillness
Words: “I can calm myself”
- Belly Breathing – with Hoberman sphere leader & counter 4-10 times. Compliments for leaders.
- Pulse Count – try 30 to 45 seconds extend when possible.
- Volcano Breath – (Alternate 3 quiet/3 loud)
- Back Breathing – see if you can feel your friends breath, switch sides.
- Back Drawing – in a circle, draw gentle rain, sun going down, a tall mountain, a boat floating slowly in the ocean, a bird sitting on a branch, a flower, a tree, a path winding through the woods, a small pool of water and a present for your friend.
- Eagle on a Rock – be a still eagle sitting on a rock watching the world around – how does the eagle feel, switch sides.
- Rock and Roll with Boat – see how you can be active and stop when you need to.
- Twist – to each side and lay back to give yourself a compliment for today – remember that it is important to speak kindly to yourself.
- Relaxation Time – Calm Voice Sentences, read the sentences and have students reflect while they relax on their mats, pass out worksheets and let students share their answers after reflect.