Instructor: Emily Manson
Community: Grades 2-6, Classroom Setting, 40 minutes
Plan Creation Date: April 1, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Listening
- Belly Breathing – with teacher 3 times. Ask for student leader with counter and student to choose number of breaths between 8-15.
- Belly Breathing – with Hoberman sphere, student leader and counter, leaders chose people for compliments one each.
- Pulse Count – 30 seconds “listening to your heart”.
- Review Poses – Alternate arm/leg kick, cobra, child pose, tree, eagle, remind everyone to continue to breath through each pose and during the story.
- Moving Story – about Coyote – listen to hear the story and it will tell you, which pose to move into Coyote finds a special friend.
- Volcano Breathing – listening to our positive self-talk and spreading our positive self-thoughts all around our world and us.
- Twist – switch sides, give yourself a compliment about when you have listened to yourself.
- Relaxation Time – Changing Channels.