Instructor: Emily Manson
Community: Grades 2-6, Classroom Setting, 40 minutes
Plan Creation Date: January 21, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Grounding
- Seated Belly Breathing – with Hoberman sphere – student leader, counter and counter selection (8-15). Compliments for each leader, one or two each. (Remind students to look at the person who is complimenting and hear what they are saying and thank them).
- Check-In with your bodies today see how they are feeling, Yoga Calm ground rule reminders, we are self-regulating and respecting each others’ experiences.
- 4 Corners of the Feet – Seated on our mat draw the 4 corners of your feet.
- Roots – with your body upright, feel the four corners of your feet grow roots into the earth below. See if your body can circle around like a tree blowing in the wind while the roots in your feet still hold deep within the earth.
- Tree – imagine one of your feet with roots deep into the earth, slowly lift the other foot off the floor to form tree, lift your arms like branches growing up to the sky, let your branches blow in the wind, a bird lands on one of your branches, switch sides.
- Chair 15 – standing, feel your feet like stones at the base of your mountain.
- Twist – switching sides, give yourself a compliment, it is important to speak kindly to ourselves. Relax back into your mat.
- Relaxation Story – Ready Set Relax.