Instructor: Melanie Scott
Community: Grades 2-4, Girl Scout Hut, 60 minutes
Plan Creation Date: January 21, 2016
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Community
Objective: The student will practice the importance of community and building each other up with compliments and including.
- Belly Breathing – On the mat-belly breaths with the Hoberman sphere. Allow other girls to lead and help count. Allow them to compliment each other.
- Leg Stretch – Have them use their big toes to spell the principle of the day: Community. Talk about how this troop is a great example of community-helping each other grow into helpful, kind young girls, building friendships, supporting each other.
- Yoga Calm Mat 20
- Tree Pose and Modified Dancer – with a partner to practice the fact of sometimes we need each other (community ) to lean on and help us when a pose or life is difficult and then encourage each other to try poses and situations on our own.
- Mat Tag – teacher led at first and then allow the person that is “it” to pick the next command/ variation. Keep eye out for girls that haven’t been it and practice community by encouraging the girls to include everyone.
- Belly Breaths
- Twist Pose
- Relaxation – The Boat Ride (page 136), but use the startled as a “we” to integrate community.