Instructor: Cynthia Endicott
Community: Grades 1-5, Boys and Girls Club, 60 minutes
Plan Creation Date: May 17, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Grounding
- Ground Rules – Review rules with poster.
- Pinwheel Breath
- Belly Breathing – Using the Hoberman sphere – Select a leader from volunteers. Have the Leader select a counter. The children can choose the number of breaths the group needs. Close with compliments.
- Mountain – Root feet in. Feel grounded in the earth.
- Volcano Breath – Feel the energy and power of the earth flowing through you.
- Roots – Lets find our center.
- Tree – Let’s create our own trees. Start by grounding your feet into the earth.
- Tree Circle – Let’s join together to create a beautiful forest.
- Eagle – Imagine you are an eagle soaring over a beautiful forest.
- Eagle Circle – We will soar together above the earth.
- Crescent Moon – It is getting darker. Now bring your arms overhead and side bend to become a sky full of moons.
- Star Pose – We notice all the beautiful stars in the night sky. Can you show us what the stars look like?
- Block Creek – Our eagles are returning home and fly together over the sparkling stream.
- Child’s Pose – It’s time to return to our nests and rest.
- Final Relaxation – “Imagine you are the eagle. Dream about what the eagle would do the next day. Think about your cozy eagle’s nest at home.” Or read a story or book such as “Sleepy Little Yoga” or read a mindfulness card on Grounding.