Instructor: Anna Marchio
Community: Grades 1-2, School Setting, 30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: March 22, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Strength
- Belly Breathing – Ask a student how many breaths – Think of someone strong, or thing of an object that is strong – like a mountain or rock. *Meet kids where they are, if they are wild keep them on the floor.
- Tapping up and down the legs
- Woodchopper and Volcano Breath – Start with woodchopper followed by volcano or dragon breath.
- Mat Flow X 2 – Use “STRENGTH” and “POWER” language during warrior and star pose such as activate your hands or shine through your finger tips.
- Tabletop – Alternate legs in tabletop pose
- Tree Pose – Challenge students to feel the strength
- Social/Emotional Game – Students will play the Harassment Prevention Game
- Compliments – Students will give each other compliments.
- Relaxation – As a relaxation students will end with changing channels.
- Chime – End with a chime.