Instructor: Anna Marchio
Community: Grades 1-2, School Setting, 40 minutes
Plan Creation Date: March 22, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Grounding
- Intro – Feel present in your body. Have nature in the room, use a drum sound or music.
- Volcano Breath – Start with volcano breath 3X.
- Forward Fold – Have students standing and spread out.
- Mountain Pose – “Grow roots”.
- Tree – alone on both sides.
- Tree Circle – Then tree all together.
- Warrior 1 – Feel your feet sinking into the earth > Forward fold and mountain
- Warrior 1 on the other side > Forward fold and mountain
- Social/Emotional Game – Archetype Game – *The first couple times to play just use animals. Then use archetypes (would make for a great literacy connection with character traits).
- Belly Breathing – After the students play the archetype game, invite the students to come back for a few breaths all together.
- Relaxation – Changing Channels using animals as a theme.