Instructor: Mary Frances Fate
Community: Grades 1-2, School Setting
Plan Creation Date: December 15, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Grounding
Intro Discussion: What is Patience? What does it look like? Feel like? ( come to general agreement that it is WAITING with a good attitude).
- Chime – “Wait for the sound to end. Give me thumbs up.”
- Belly Breathing – with Breathing Ball – “Pay attention to the pause (wait) at the top and bottom of each inhale and exhale”.
- Roots – Notice how moving while grounded to the earth
- INTRO Triangle
- Warrior I
- Woodchopper – 3 times While counting “Wait for the right moment to strike the wood”.
- Eagle – “Wait patiently for dinner to appear. Nothing the first time so fly away to another spot. Nothing again. Fly to the sea shore. Put out a plate of seashells. Observe the shells while in Eagle. “Which is right one for you?“ Play sound of gentle ocean waves Bring plate around to each child for them to choose…listen while waiting patiently for turn. Take shell back to seat.
- Volcano Breath – send out patient waiting to others.
- Relaxation – Story Journey Walking along the beach. Many shells have washed up. Also other things: seaweed, wood, plants, a crab that is still alive…pick him up and throw back into the sea. Stand at the waters edge, feel the breeze across your skin, smell the salty air, hear the gentle waves, feel the sand under your feet. You can return to this feeling whenever you need. While waiting think of this time; when standing and noticing felt good…