Instructor: Summer Buzza
Community: Grade 7, School Setting?, 60 minutes
Plan Creation Date: September, 2014
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Strength
Vocabulary: optimistic, pessimistic – positive self talk
- Check-In – High/Low – Happy/Crappy – what was the worst part of your day/best
- Belly Breathing – with Hoberman sphere
- Mindful Snack *option – 5-8 minute simple mindful snack (apple slices, almonds)
- Mat 20 or Sequence – Mountain, Arm Swings, Wood Chopper, Warrior I, Warrior II, Chair, Leg Stretch, Alternate Arm/Leg Kicks, Rock and Roll, Boat, Bow, Cat/Cow, Plank, Down Dog, Superman, Bridge, Twist.
- Changing Channels – p 108 in poses (Tree, Warrior, Mountain) notice how imagery affects posture.
- Group Changing Channels – take a negative experience & find a positive perspective ; 1. deep breath, 2. name problem, 3. state bigger perspective 4. plan what I can do (for example: 1. breathe 2. my grandma is sick 3. I love my grandma & am lucky to have her in my life 4. I can bring her soup, write her a letter, skype).
- Yes/No Game – p127
- Relaxation – guided meditation about positive self talk and breathe out problems, breathe in hope (RELAX.calmp 120-121).
- Check-In – (1-weak, tired, incompetent…..10 – strong, capable, empowered); option to take Low/Crappy from check-in & Change Channel with it