Instructor: Kelsey Hanson
Community: Grade 7, Anxiety Group for Girls, School Setting, 30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: April 18, 2016
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Listening
Supplies: Mats, Chime, Large Paper, Marker
- Pulse Count and Belly Breathing – 1 min. pulse count while breathing deeply.
- Group Check-in
- Reflection on the Theme Listening – Write on large paper.
- Volcano Breaths – in Mountain 3x
- Forward Fold
- Extended Child
- Back Breathing
- Exploring Feelings Activity
- Group Reflection on Activity
- Heart Breathing – In seated position students follow Hoberman and as they breathe in they choose an emotion to imagine breathing into their heart. They imagine the feeling surrounding and filling the space around their heart. As they breathe out they exhale tension or worry.
- Relaxation – Emotional Awareness Meditation – http://www.innerhealthstudio.com/emotional-awareness-relaxation.html – shorten as needed.
- Group Reflection on meditation
- Dismissal Ritual