Instructor: Kelsey Hanson
Community: Grade 6, Special Education Boys Group, School Setting, 30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: April 18, 2016
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Stillness
Supplies: Mats, Chime, Hoberman Sphere, Calm Voice Worksheets, Marker, Large sheet of paper, Pens
- Belly Breathing – Student led Belly breathing w/Hoberman Sphere – compliments for leader.
- Mindfulness – silently look around room to find everything blue with your eyes.
- Group Reflection on Listening – Listening written on sheet of paper w/group reflection recorded on paper.
- Tree – R
- Tree – L
- Tree Challenge – Holding Tree with as still as body as possible until the chime fade completely – once on each leg.
- Group Reflection on Tree Challenge
- Forward Fold
- Rock & Roll
- Calm Voice Activity & Worksheet – Social/Emotional Activity
- Group Reflection on Calm Voice Activity
- Volcano Breaths – 5 Student Led with compliments
- Closing Ritual