Instructor: Josh Zeller
Community: Classroom Setting??, Grade 5
Plan Creation Date: February 22, 2009
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Stillness
- Belly Breathing – with Hoberman sphere 10 breaths. Shut your eyes and feel your body slow down, let your feet sink into the earth and your sitting bones sink into your chair and your head stretch to the sky. Sit as still as you can.
- Mountain – Be a strong tall mountain. Shut your eyes and imagine that it is snowing on you. Remember how peaceful the world is when it is snowing.
- Standing Volcano – Feel deep down inside your mountain, there is a huge pool of lava, heating up as your arms and you are now a volcano erupting as your arms come down
- Sun Salutation (3X with different leaders) with a focus on stillness – have the students be very still in warrior and plank
- Tree Pose – Let the wind blow through your branches, then return to stillness – feeling the contrast between windy and still
- Eagle – Now you are an eagle flying through wind and settling on the tree. Alternate between tree and eagle (3X each side)
- Seated Spinal Twist – (Eagle in Nest)- Resting in your nest calming at last after long flight, look one way and then the other
- Heads down on hand pillow for 1 minute
- Imagine you are in your nest, peering out on a giant beautiful lake. A momma moose and her two babies come to get a drink. You have to be very still so you don’t scare them away. Watch the mommy and baby moose as they drink water from the lake, then slowly walk back into the woods.