Instructor: Pamela Storry
Community: Grade 5, Special Ed, School Setting, 40 minutes
Plan Creation Date: October 20, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Stillness
- I CAN be still, especially when I am learning something new. Environment: Sounds of nature (wind, rain, running water, birds, thunder) from a weather app, dim lighting, lavender scent, bell to start session
- First Session: Labeled Yoga mats with name, established Yoga Calm rules
- Belly Breathing – (expand belly, relax muscles, slow the breath, keep your body relaxed and still)
- Roots (rooted to the ground)
- Mountain – stable, imagine a mountain in the distance and how still it looks against the sky.
- Tree – Stretch your fingers, extend fingers, activate your muscles, breath in/out. Imagine you are a tree on a calm day. There is no wind and the leaves on the tree is perfectly still.
- Relaxation Pose
- One Minute Exploration – imagine a place of stillness, imagine yourself in that place and being very still. We can learn and relax in stillness.