Population/Setting/Length: Grade 5, School Setting, 30-40 minutes
Plan Creation Date: November 2, 2016
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Gtrength
- Hoberman Sphere Belly Breathing – standing tall, feel strength in your mountain as you breath.
- Positive Self-Talk – while going through our practice today, keep the affirmation that “I am strong,” in your mind. What helps you be strong? Connect to that feeling.
- Mountain – imagine yourself being as still as you can in your strong mountain pose, even when there might be wind blowing at you. How can you remain still?
- Upward Mountain and Crescent Moon – finding strength in your mountain, reach arms tall. Breathe in, feet pressing down strong into the earth, stretch to the right slightly, curving into the shape of a crescent moon. Exhale and come back to center. Repeat on other side.
- Tree – feel strength in your roots.
- Tree Challenge – Keeping the mantra of “I am strong,” practice what it’s like when being challenged in tree. What kept you strong?
- Star – feel your inner strength. What can you do to shine that out to the world?
- Strong Voice – activity on mats with clipboards.
Instructor: Emily Ball