Population/Setting/Length: Grade 5, School Setting, 30-40 minutes
Plan Creation Date: September 30, 2016
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Stillness
- Belly Breathing – on back for seven breaths and then close your eyes. Listen to the stillness of your breath and your heart for 30 seconds.
- Rock and Roll – three or four times until you rock up to Boat, finding stillness.
- Boat – focus on being as still as you can, focusing on one point to look at.
- Mountain – imagine yourself being as still as you can in your strong mountain pose, even when there might be wind blowing at you. How can you remain still?
- Mountain to Mountain poses from Mat 20 – focus on being still in each of the poses, moving gracefully between them. Part of being still is not talking and focusing on you.
- Tree – Connect to the ground again through your roots. Grow branches and feel the wind. Then return to stillness, observing what it feels like to go between windy and still.
- Volcano Breath – release the energy to ground down and find stillness.
- Progressive Muscle Relaxation – Squeeze and release exercise of squeezing various muscles, then releasing. Feel your muscles completely relax and sink into your mat.
- Relaxation – Guided meditation on stillness
Instructor: Emily Ball