Instructor: Julie McMonagle
Community: Grade 5, School Setting, 30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: May 1, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Grounding
- Belly Breathing – Focus on breath, deep breathes for 3 cycles, filling your lungs with air, expanding your lungs.
- Volcano Breath – Moving into Volcano Breath. Imagine your breath rising up deep from the earth and grounding you to the earth.
- Mountain Pose – feel the earth grounded beneath you, lifting up strong, reaching up into a small backbend, and trusting as gaze backwards.
- Forward Fold – falling forward as we let go of things.
- Downward Dog – stepping back into downward dog as we spread our toes and fingers wide, feeling the earth beneath us.
- Mountain – Step up towards Mountain to repeat this cycle.
- Relaxation – As we end the last cycle we find ourselves in final relaxation. This can be a transition from Downward Dog. Spending 2 minutes in final relaxation to bring the focus back to breath, filling the lungs with air feeling centered, calm and grounded. Thinking about this simple saying, “I know who I am”.