Instructor: Carolyn Jordan
Community: Grade 5, Classroom Setting?
Plan Creation Date: May 1, 2013
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Community
- Belly breathing – with Hoberman Sphere and student leader. Class chooses number of breaths.
- Pulse Count
- Volcano Breath – We are a whole group of volcanoes growing an island with our lava.
- Trust Walk – Demonstrate with a student showing how to watch other’s face and feet to make sure the person feels safe.
- Dancer – Find the balance.
- Block Creek
- Activate/Relax walk – start in mountain (activate) walk around relaxed, activate, relax…
- Partner pull
- Shoulder clock
- Tree challenge I and II – Remind students no touching in Tree I. II press gently then slowly challenge in all directions
- Tree Circle – Talk about the differences in the three tree poses.
- Belly Breathing – Sit on mats
- Progressive Relaxation – lay on mats, start tense (4 count) relax at feet move up the body