Instructor: Brenda Arnold
Community: Grade 5, Classroom Setting?, 45 minutes
Plan Creation Date: April 26, 2014
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Grounding
Academic/Therapeutic/Other Goals: Building strength/foundation/anxiety/anger
Props/Music Resources Required: Calming music
- Breath Work – use Hoberman Sphere to relax the body, Breathe 8 times
- Pulse Count
- Volcano – picture yourself like a volcano and exhale all your tension/anger/anxiety. Allowing all of you emotions to leave your body. Letting go of this. Next:
- Mountain – Push feet into the ground – standing strong, spread your toes. Feel the earth center/hold you and connect yourself with this feeling, Feel the strength of the mountain. Who balances you? Where do you get your support? After: What was this like?
- Wood chopper – Imagine what it would be like without your problem? Picture what it is that is bothering you/problem and let go of this anger/frustration by chopping it away.
- Chair 15 – Mountain to Mountain with focus on holding poses for 5 count.
- Down Dog – Relax, breath, then lying down do….
- Relaxation/Guided Imagery – Imagine that you are on a Boat Ride: read script
- Write or draw what you learned.