Instructor: Aderyn McLean
Community: Grades 4, School Setting, 30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: April 20, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Stillness
- Belly Breathing – with Breathing Sphere – listening to the breaths. Choose a leader and counter. Give compliments.
- Pulse Count – (have them try to listen to the pulse).
- Sitting with Eyes Closed – Think of a time when you felt still and calm. Where were you? What were you doing? Who were you with? How did it feel?
- Silent Ball – No words, try different ball movements (i.e. overhand, underhand, kick, roll).
- Chair 15 – Pause and be still in each pose.
- Warrior II Challenge – Hold, let kid choose how long to hold.
- Twist – (listen to your body to find your sticky spot).
- Relaxation Story – about being by a lake.
- Compliment Circle – one compliment per person.