Instructor: Aderyn McLean
Community: Grades 4, School Setting, 30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: April 20, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Listening
- Belly Breathing – with breathing sphere – listening to the breaths. Choose a leader and counter. Give compliments.
- Pulse Count – (have them try to listen to the pulse).
- Sitting with Eyes Closed – Think of a time when you listened to your body or to someone.
- Volcano Breath – (think about the listening thought).
- Chair 15 – Teach it, have student leader, compliments.
- Star Pose – for the challenge (let the kids pick how long to hold the pose).
- Listening Game – with chime.
- Star – to Crescent Moon to Star.
- Twist – (listen to your body to find your sticky spot).
- Relaxation Story – about the sounds of and in a tree.
- Compliment Circle – one compliment per person.