Instructor: Jill Rost
Community: Grade 4, Classroom setting, 30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: February 9, 2013
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Grounding
Purpose: to be physically present in the body and to develop competence
Materials: Lights/Chimes/Hoberman Sphere/Music/Lavender Spray
- Belly Breathing – with Hoberman Sphere: 10 breaths & think, “I am strong, I am balanced”.
- Ask a student to lead the group with the ball while another student counts
- Close eyes and listen to stillness for 10 seconds
- Ask the group to give a compliment to both students
- Upward Mountain
- Partner Pull
- Child’s pose
- Shavasana/dim lights/spray lavender
- Guided relaxation – subject: “think of three things you do very well”. Have kids imagine the sites, sounds and feelings when they are successful. Built in muscle relaxation and breathing.