Instructor: Susan Wolfram
Community: Grade 3, School Setting, 30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: October 27-29, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Grounding
- Belly Breathing – Hoberman Sphere: Belly Breathing while standing (feet firmly planted on the ground.
- Volcano Breath – Staying grounded; energy coming up from the earth, controlled, released slowly.
- Mountain – stand firmly grounded, tall and strong.
- Upward Mountain – grounded and strong from feet to fingertips.
- Warrior – must be grounded; not swayed to shaken by others or obstacles/Hold for 10 seconds feeling strong and grounded.
- Back to Mountain – switch legs for Warrior again; a warrior is focused to be the best he/she can be.
- Roots – feel your legs growing roots into the ground. Sway to the side, front and back, and in a circle, but never falling and tipping over.
- Partner Tree – Think about when you need to be grounded like that, focused and strong. Go into tree pose with a partner to help you stay balanced.People can support you and help you feel safe and strong. Trees are grounded and can survive many different storms.
- Forward Bend – relaxed, calm.
- Relaxation – Mindful Moment on Grounding: “Think of your favorite tree. Now imagine that you can plant it in a special place. Go to that place and picture yourself digging and digging until you get a very large hole for the tree and plant it. Imagine you can see into the future and in your mind watch it and you grow.