Instructor: Mary Frances Fate
Community: Grade 2, School Setting
Plan Creation Date: September 22, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Strength
- Belly Breathing – with Hoberman Sphere Standing in circle, Student led with a student counter.
- Arm Swings – draw energy into core of mountain.
- INTRO Upward Mountain (palms face each other fingers extended)
- Forward Bend from Up Mountain
- Up Mountain
- INTRO Crescent Moon – Breathe in, stretch to right. Exhale back to center. Inhale stretch to left.
- Do above 3 times.
- INTRO Woodchopper – Stand with feet wider than hip distance, knees bent. Hands together above head,. Eyes on the wood in front of you. Altogether on the count of 3 swing hands down HUH as you hit the imaginary log, do 3 times.
- Compliment those who did a good job following directions.
- Roots – into tree review.
- DEMO Tree Challenge – “disturbance” is actions and words and noises that often occur in classroom. Students form pairs around the room taking turns being Tree and creating disturbance. Find focus away from the disturbance.
Back to desks seated:
- Volcano Breath – 3 times.
- Intro Chair Twist – feet and hips grounded.
- Relaxation – Guided Image with head down at desk: Hard day in your Kingdom. Big storm knocked over trees in forest. People needing lots of things…Feeling your frustration take a walk into the forest. Approach one tree at a time…chop it off the path. Return feeling better and able to help the people in the kingdom solve their problems.