Instructor: Amy Dalsimer
Community: Grade 2, School Setting, 30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: October 15, 2014
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Strength
Props/Resources: “Chigi” Cards (these are cards with a variety of images that can be used to spur reflection).
- Belly Breathing – with Hoberman Sphere – student led with student counter – Compliments.
- Pulse Count
- Dancer – Strength Pose – Balance on each foot for 10 seconds.
- Yoga Flow – Student led Flow – Top 10 – Compliments after.
- Harassment Prevention – role play – discuss double messages.
- Strong Voice – Begin with 3 volcano breaths – Read aloud sentences from Strong Voice Worksheet – Allow time for students to think/process sentences/questions.
- Warrior II – End with Warrior II both sides.
- Mindful Moment Card – Strength – Imagine doing something really well
- Reflection – Students sit in circle and pick a chigi* card – Students share reflection of Harassment prevention/Strong Voice activities. *Chigi (chee-jee) is a Chinese word meaning important moment. These cards are made for processing experiences- positive or negative. They were developed by The Institute of Experiential Education.