Instructor: Amy Dalsimer
Community: Grade 2, School Setting, 30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: September 16, 2014
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Stillness
- Belly Breathing – with Hoberman Sphere – Student led along with student counter – Compliments after.
- Activate/Relax – 3-4 times – check students during Activate by gently pushing on their arms, notice how strong the “mountains” are standing.
- Yoga Flow – Child-led Flow, sequence of 6 postures (child’s pose, downward dog, warrior, downward dog, warrior, child’s pose) – Flow 3x with different student leaders – Draw stick figure poses on board for children to see. Activate during Warrior II, 3 breaths – Compliments after.
- Activate/Relax Walk – use drum during walking time for rhythm. Add Warrior II pose during Activate.
- Tree Circle – both legs.
- Mindful Moment Card – “ Stillness- Mountain lake”.
- Reflection – Share what you saw as you sat in Stillness by the mountain lake.