Instructor: Julie McMonagle
Community: Grade 2, School Setting, 30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: May 1, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Listening
- Chime – Listen to the sound of the chime; the kids get to their spots on the carpet. Starting in mountain pose. We will start with our breathing and listen to the sound or our breath.
- Belly Breathing – with Hoberman sphere- someone will lead us in breath as we change our breath from loud to soft and listen to the changes in volume.
- Archetype Game – Second graders will engage in a game of “Wizards and Elves”. (Also called the Archetype game). They will be given 4 different characters. They will practice moving and acting like each character at different times as the music turns on and off. They will be listening to the music; they will be demonstrating what it feels like to be that character.
- Chime – After game, students will come back to spots on carpet, again with the chime, a cue to bring them back.
- Belly Breathing – A student will lead 3 deep belly breaths.
- Sharing – Students will sit in a circle. Students will have the chance to share one piece of information that was important to them while playing “wizards and elves”.
- Child’s Pose – After sharing, finish in child’s pose.