Instructor: Amy Dalsimer
Community: Grade 2, School Setting, 30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: September 23, 2014
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Listening
- Pulse Count – do 2x, first sitting at circles and next after high energy movement like jumping jacks – Notice/share differences in pulse count.
- Back Drawing – Follow routine in book for weather; rain, wind, clouds. sun. Draw gift and whisper gift when finished.
- Yoga Flow – Forward bend, child’s pose, twist both sides, downward dog, forward bend. FLOW 3x – Student led – Compliments after.
- Changing Channels Activity – Channel ideas include playing in the snow, walking on a hot beach, swimming, sledding, baking cookies, taking out the trash, picking flowers.
- Back Breathing – Lying in stillness, listening for sounds of the world around us.