Instructor: Laura Buske
Community: Grade 2, School Setting, 30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: June 17, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Grounding
- Breath Work – Sit in a circle with the Hoberman Sphere. Begin breathing in and out with the movement of the sphere. Repeat 4 times. Ask for a leader to come up to the front. How many breaths do you we need to do? Pick be between 5 and 10. Have the leader pick a counter. Breath with the sphere. Ask for 2 compliments for the leader. Ask the leader to compliment the counter.
- Mountain – root your feet to the ground, raise your arms to the sky and shine out through your heart.
- Tree Pose – Root your left foot and big toe into the ground. Draw your right foot to your left leg. Spread out your branches and extend your leaves to the sky.
- Forward Bend – fold your body over and touch the earth.
- Mountain– rise your body up with feet firmly planted to the ground, raise your arms to the sky and shine out from your heart.
- Tree Pose – Root your right foot and big toe into the ground. Draw your left foot to your right leg. Spread out your branches and extend your leaves to the sky.
- Forward Bend – fold your body over and touch the ground.
- Block Creek – Have all students walk across the blocks on their own. How did that feel? Have all students walk across the creek with 2 people on either side of them. How was that different or the same?
- Tree Circle – Root your feet to the earth; draw right foot to kickstand on left ankle. Spread your branches and reach out to your neighbor for support. Repeat with left side.
- Relaxation – Read Boat Ride Relaxation