Instructor: Mary Frances Fate
Community: Grade 2, School Setting
Plan Creation Date: September 15, 2015
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Community
- Belly Breathing – with Hoberman sphere. Try seated at desk this week. Student led.
- Up Mountain
- Forward Bend – repeat these 3 three times.
- Intro Roots – Begin in Mountain rock forward/back feet firmly on ground. Side to side. Circle –weight shifts to four edges of foot. Move from large circles to smaller to stillness.
- Intro Tree – and palms together at Heart center. Ask those who could do it what strategies they used to keep balance. Focal point, breath single foot grounded
- Intro Volcano Breath – 3 times. Intro “heart thoughts” image of someone in mind to send heart thought to. 3 volcano breaths to shower them with the thoughts.
- Pule Check – Find pulse and listen to rhythm of heart.
- Relaxation – Story Journey: Walk through the woods up to mountain top where there is a castle. You are led inside into room with a throne, take a seat. Wrapped in a purple cloak, treated like a king/queen.