Instructor: Jill Rost
Community: Grade 2, Classroom setting, 30 minutes
Plan Creation Date: February 10, 2013
Yoga Calm Principle/Lesson Goal: Community
Purpose: to learn to work and play cooperatively with others
Materials: Lights/Chimes/Hoberman Spheres (small & large), Music/Lavender Spray
- Belly Breathing – with Hoberman Sphere: 10 breaths & think, “I am a good friend”
- Ask a student to lead the group with the ball while another student counts
- Close eyes and listen to stillness for 10 seconds
- Ask the group to give a compliment to both students
- Shoulder Clock
- Tree Challenge
- Tree Circle
- Compliment Game – If there isn’t enough time for each child to receive a compliment, I would leave the large sphere with the teacher. During Morning Meetings the game could continue until each child had a chance to be in the middle of the circle.
- Shavasana/dim lights/spray lavender
- Guided relaxation – children will plan a special party for themselves and their friends. The guided relaxation will bring in sites, sounds & feelings, using muscle relaxation and breathing.